If you received a 6-digit numerical code through a text message on your mobile phone, this is a Phone Verification code. This is used to confirm that the mobile number in our system belongs to you and that you would like to receive text message notifications on that device. Unlike the 5-character Claim codes, this code can only be entered on your local City of Learning website.
For Text Users:
- If you signed up for COL through text, click the link provided to you on your phone, or got to https://chicagocityoflearning.org/finish-profile. You will be taken to the Finish Your Profile page:
- Enter your mobile phone number and the 6-digit verification code where it asks for "Your temp password", and click Continue Sign Up. The mobile number that you enter MUST match the device on which you received the verification code.
- If the numbers match successfully, you will be taken to complete your account by entering additional contact information and creating a username and password.
For Web Users:
- On your local City of Learning site, log in to your profile page, and click the "View My Account" link:
- Once here, click Edit My Info to enter your mobile phone number and enter a phone number in the phone number field. Click "Update My Info" to be taken to the verification page:
- You will be taken to the SMS Verification page. Click "Send Me Verification Code" to generate a code. Once you receive the 6-digit code, enter it into the "Verification Code" field and click submit. If the numbers match successfully, the mobile number will show as "Verified" in your account and you will be able to receive notifications from your local COL: